Schoolytics enables teachers to create flexible student groups
Flexible grouping is a key instructional practice that allows teachers to deliver and monitor student work based on data. Schoolytics supports flexible grouping and data-based decisions in several ways. Teachers can:
- Create an unlimited number of student groups
- Edit groups at any time to add or remove students
- Build student groups with students from across classes, not just within one class
- Use classwork and assessment data to decide how to build student groups
- Monitor student group performance over time
- Create and schedule assignments for student groups
This article shows how to create student groups in Schoolytics and how to use this feature to support instructional planning and teaching.
How to create a student group in Schoolytics
- From the Teacher Home page, click Create Student Groups
- Click Create Group.
- Name your Group.
- Add students to your Group.
- Save your Group.
How to monitor work by student group in Schoolytics
Use the Groups filter on any page to view student work from a single group or across multiple groups.
The Dashboard gives an overview of Google Classroom student assignment activity within a time frame.
The Missing Assignments report shows students who have not completed work assigned to them within a date range. Use the Groups filter to select a subset of students to email their missing assignments.
The Students table shows summary information about student activity. Use the Groups filter to limit results to specific student group(s).
The Assignments table shows how many students overall have completed work by each assignment. Use the Groups filter to see activity and progress by student groups.
The Learning Standards table shows student progress by Learning Standard. Learning Standards can be applied when creating assignments in Schoolytics. Use the Groups filter to see activity and progress by student group.